Thursday 13 September 2012

Unorthodox treatment 2 - The Karate Chops

During early 2003 weighing almost 24 stones I began investigating ways in which to alleviate my condition and make my life a little more comfortable. I just could not rest on "put your legs up and eat less salt" as being the ultimate advice to live my life by..
After trying out the zen chi machine and having bought a dud one - I knew that I had to give my legs some vigorous shaking (in some way) and I couldn't just do it only by jumping and walking, being 20 stones plus doesn't help, so I enlisted my brother-in-law to help with my experiment.

My brother-in-law practically has hands of steel and people enjoy his lovely head massages, including myself.  With me lying down, I instructed him to essentially perform sustained periods (continuously for 10-15 minutes) of 'hard' karate chops on my legs. After the chops - I'd place my foot on his shoulder and he'd 'roll' my legs side to side and then afterwards massage downwards. The chops and massage were 'hard' and at times discomforting - I would scream with pain but I realised that some discomfort is worth it in the long run.

I'm pretty sure that this really helped but I unfortunately I didn't document my progress. However I do think  together with this and the walking I had managed to lose almost 10 stones by the end of 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment